Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I, after already exporting an iMovie, re-edit that same movie and update it. If so how, please?

Can I, after already exporting an iMovie, re-edit it for a second export. If so how, please?

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 7:54 PM

If you have not deleted the iMovie project itself, you can edit and share out as many times as you want from the same project.

If you have deleted the project after sharing out as a movie, you can create a new project and import the movie into the project as one long clip. You then can edit it to a limited extent, such as trimming, splitting, overlaying titles, adding effects, adding additional clips, and so on. However, edits that are already embedded in the movie, like transitions and titles, couldn't be changed. In other words, you can't entirely change the movie to a totally editable clip.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2021 7:54 PM in response to letsgogo

If you have not deleted the iMovie project itself, you can edit and share out as many times as you want from the same project.

If you have deleted the project after sharing out as a movie, you can create a new project and import the movie into the project as one long clip. You then can edit it to a limited extent, such as trimming, splitting, overlaying titles, adding effects, adding additional clips, and so on. However, edits that are already embedded in the movie, like transitions and titles, couldn't be changed. In other words, you can't entirely change the movie to a totally editable clip.

-- Rich

Can I, after already exporting an iMovie, re-edit that same movie and update it. If so how, please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.