Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appleworks/Pages

When I updated to Big Sur, my Appleworks documents no longer will open. I had been using LibreOffice with success. That no longer works. Is there another program that will open up these old word processing documents. The new Pages won't.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 8:36 AM

What version of LibreOffice are you using? I had no problems opening a couple of AppleWorks files, a word processing document & a spreadsheet with LibreOffice v6.3.6002.

Perhaps you have an older version that needs updating. I suggest downloading LibreOffice 7.0.4 & trying again.

I'm not sure what version of AppleWorks last saved those particular documents. To check, I opened the files in AppleWorks 6 on a Mac mini running Snow Leopard/ I believe the WP was an AW5 document as AW6 asked to save changes when I closed it.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2021 8:36 AM in response to 6RCD200

What version of LibreOffice are you using? I had no problems opening a couple of AppleWorks files, a word processing document & a spreadsheet with LibreOffice v6.3.6002.

Perhaps you have an older version that needs updating. I suggest downloading LibreOffice 7.0.4 & trying again.

I'm not sure what version of AppleWorks last saved those particular documents. To check, I opened the files in AppleWorks 6 on a Mac mini running Snow Leopard/ I believe the WP was an AW5 document as AW6 asked to save changes when I closed it.

Appleworks/Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.