Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did an iCloud backup from one phone and transferred it to another. Messages still won’t go through to new phone.

I had to get a new iphone. I backed up everything from my old iPhone to the iCloud including my messages. I restored the backup from the cloud on my new iPhone and several hundred of my messages won’t transfer even though I’ve kept the phone on charge with WiFi all day. I also cannot receive many messages on the new phone, despite all of the settings being on to receive iMessages.

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 5:54 AM

Turn on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos on your new device, your content will automatically be synced to your device.

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2021 5:54 AM in response to Mikayla2k21

Turn on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos on your new device, your content will automatically be synced to your device.

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive

Did an iCloud backup from one phone and transferred it to another. Messages still won’t go through to new phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.