Issue with downloading messages from iCloud to new iphone

I just got a new iPhone 14 and transferred over all my data from the iCloud. Everything came across (photos, apps, emails, etc.) except the last two weeks or so of my messages. The messages downloaded, just not the most recent messages over the past two weeks. I've tried troubleshooting and nothing yet. Any advice?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 11:17 AM

aktraver1973,

Great question, it's based on the internet connection that your iPhone is connected to. Usually, it can take up to 72 hours to complete.

If it's been more than 72 hours and you need continued assistance, please get in touch with the Apple support team via this link: Get Support.

Take care!

8 replies

Jul 12, 2023 9:58 AM in response to aktraver1973

Hi aktraver1973,

It's possible that all of the data hasn't finished downloading, so make sure your device stays connected to Wi-Fi until the process has completed.

If the process has been completed, reply with the answers to these questions:

• If you still have your previous device, do you see the messages there?

• Are you signed in to any other device, such as an iPad or Mac? If so, do you see those messages?

• What process did you use to transfer your data to the new device? Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad

Regards.

Issue with downloading messages from iCloud to new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.