Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No message notification

Hi Community

I do not get sound or banner notifications for message. I get it for all other apps. I hg Ave checked all logical settings with no avail.

Thanks.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 4:49 AM

It cannot be the way you have described. Try to find out when it does not give notifications? Under which circumstances for e.g.

• When Locked or Unlocked
  • When on DND or Bed Time
  • When your Text app is open or closed
  • When your ringer is silent or enabled
  • For a particular Contact or for all
  • For VIPs or for all

If you are never getting a Notification then you need to set up one. --> Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2021 4:49 AM in response to shane_in_oz

It cannot be the way you have described. Try to find out when it does not give notifications? Under which circumstances for e.g.

• When Locked or Unlocked
  • When on DND or Bed Time
  • When your Text app is open or closed
  • When your ringer is silent or enabled
  • For a particular Contact or for all
  • For VIPs or for all

If you are never getting a Notification then you need to set up one. --> Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ...

Mar 12, 2021 8:32 PM in response to SravanKrA

Pretty sure it can be that way since my phone developed the same problem in the last week.

The Messages app displays the badge correctly, but the sound, banner, lock screen, and notification centre notifications have all ceased.

Naturally, I have checked my notifications settings and all is in order according to those.

It can be hard to tell what the specific conditions of the phone are when this happens as, you know, I’m not getting the notifications, but looking at the received message times tells me that it happens regardless of:

• Locked/unlocked
  • Silent mode on/off
  • Messages app being open/closed
  • Sender of message

At the time the issue started, a system update had been recently completed.

Not long after the update, I had changed the system time/date as well (to a point that turned out prior to the latest three conversations I had sent/received messages in). The time/date has since been correctly reverted through reactivating the “Set Automatically” option.

iMessage was also switched off in Settings around this time since I do not use the feature and got continuous login requests from it despite entering my details, and even requests to log in to my sister’s account which had been used only once (and very briefly) in the App Store on the device before switching back to my account.

EDIT: Phone model is iPhone 6S Plus

No message notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.