Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network-not available “phone not allowed”

Hey,

so recently I got an iPhone 11 and I was with a vodaphone sim and everything worked fine and I had no issues. The other day I switched to giffgaff and haven’t been able to get service and I went to general>about>network and it said “phone not allowed”. What could this mean? (In “about” it says I have no sim restrictions)

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 7:46 AM

You thought right. If you have "No SIM Restrictions" designation then your iPhone is UNLOCKED. You are good to go with the carrier of your choice. It is up to GiffGaff and its network now.

Axel F.

7 replies

Mar 8, 2021 5:45 PM in response to haider-ali

I am not sure why you keep mentioning that your iPhone may be blacklisted. Cell phones are blacklisted when they are reported stolen or are left unpaid as agreed with carriers. If your iPhone was blacklisted then it would have not worked with Vodafone at all to begin with. You mentioned that your iPhone has No SIM Restrictions. Vodafone even worked until earlier today. Check the following one task at a time.

1. Ensure that your Vodafone SIM is inserted correctly in your iPhone.
  2. Put your iPhone in Airplane Mode and then AirPlane Mode OFF again.
  3. Shut Down your iPhone and then ReStart it again.
  4. Reset Network Settings. Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings : You may have to input your Wi-Fi Network's password(s) again.
  5. If None of the above works then it is time to contact Vodafone and GiffGaff to ensure that all is well with your iPhone and the associated mobile accounts with them.

Axel F.

Network-not available “phone not allowed”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.