Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing messages when iPhone locked

How to view messages when phone is locked

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 3:06 AM

Hi! To view messages even if your iPhone is locked, you can set Previews to "Always" by heading to Settings > Notifications. "Show Previews is usually set to "When Unlocked" by default. Scroll down to Messages and under the Options menu, click "Show Previews" and choose "Always".

If you want to see all your notifications even when your iPhone is locked, go back to Notifications and at the top of the list, select "Always" on "Show Previews".

I hope I was able to answer your question. Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2021 3:06 AM in response to Jbenjmd

Hi! To view messages even if your iPhone is locked, you can set Previews to "Always" by heading to Settings > Notifications. "Show Previews is usually set to "When Unlocked" by default. Scroll down to Messages and under the Options menu, click "Show Previews" and choose "Always".

If you want to see all your notifications even when your iPhone is locked, go back to Notifications and at the top of the list, select "Always" on "Show Previews".

I hope I was able to answer your question. Have a great day!

Viewing messages when iPhone locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.