Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing an old Apple TV from the Apple Watch remote

I have an old Apple TV in the watch remote control app. It drives me crazy that I can’t delete it. When I try, it just says “can’t connect to Apple TV *name*. Check that it’s on and nearby”. How can I get rid of it so I just have my new Apple TV there?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 1:21 PM

Hello DAME03 and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty removing an Apple TV device from association with your Apple ID which is keeping it from being removed from the remote app on your Apple Watch.

View and remove your associated devices for purchases

Removing the old Apple TV device from the account association and then rebooting everything should remove it from the list of devices on your Watch.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2021 1:21 PM in response to DAME03

Hello DAME03 and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty removing an Apple TV device from association with your Apple ID which is keeping it from being removed from the remote app on your Apple Watch.

View and remove your associated devices for purchases

Removing the old Apple TV device from the account association and then rebooting everything should remove it from the list of devices on your Watch.

Cheers.

Mar 13, 2021 10:48 AM in response to DAME03

Hi DAME03.

If the Apple TV device is not available, you may need to unpair the Apple Watch from the paired iPhone. Once you've done that, reboot everything and re-pair the Apple Watch.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

If you take that step and the old device still appears on the Remote as an option, you'll want to reach out directly to Apple Support for additional options.

Contact Apple for support and service

Cheers.

Removing an old Apple TV from the Apple Watch remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.