Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes cannot read my iPhone 8

When connecting iTunes (on my PC) and Iphone 8, I get this message:

iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone. Go to the Summary tab in iPhone preferences and click "Restore this iPhone to factory settings". Will this erase all the information I just imported from my Android? Any way to store what I have on the cloud so I won't have to import everything again?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 2:13 PM

A factory restore erases the information and settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and installs the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or iPod software. 

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Did you backup the iPhone to iCloud? If so, you can restore that backup after you restore your iPhone using iTunes.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2021 2:13 PM in response to T705

A factory restore erases the information and settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and installs the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or iPod software. 

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Did you backup the iPhone to iCloud? If so, you can restore that backup after you restore your iPhone using iTunes.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

iTunes cannot read my iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.