Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I restore permanently deleted photos

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 2:24 PM

I sure hope not, as that would make the use of “permanent” here rather less than truthful.

That written... If the photos are not in the Recently Deleted folder, you’re left to look for a local backup prior to the deletion, and that’ll only work if you are not using iCloud, and if you do have a backup prior to the deletion, and if you are willing to revert all contents and all data on your iPhone to that of the backup. If the photos were in iCloud and have been deleted and are not in recently-deleted album, they’re gone.

Above assumes there’s no copy of the photos archived elsewhere.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2021 2:24 PM in response to SymaF

I sure hope not, as that would make the use of “permanent” here rather less than truthful.

That written... If the photos are not in the Recently Deleted folder, you’re left to look for a local backup prior to the deletion, and that’ll only work if you are not using iCloud, and if you do have a backup prior to the deletion, and if you are willing to revert all contents and all data on your iPhone to that of the backup. If the photos were in iCloud and have been deleted and are not in recently-deleted album, they’re gone.

Above assumes there’s no copy of the photos archived elsewhere.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.