Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic keyboard keys not proper?

My magic keyboard is giving me the complete opposite keys grammar and text wise. For instance my when i type in a back slash ill get a dash, when i type an apostrophe i get a closed bracket and it happens for all my grammar keys is there a fix for this?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 8:51 PM

You've probably just got the wrong key mapping selected. Go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge and make sure you have the name of your normal language checked and NOT "automatic" or something else.

If any problem, just post a photo of your keyboard and we can tell you what the correct setting is.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2021 8:51 PM in response to Trzn12

You've probably just got the wrong key mapping selected. Go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge and make sure you have the name of your normal language checked and NOT "automatic" or something else.

If any problem, just post a photo of your keyboard and we can tell you what the correct setting is.

Magic keyboard keys not proper?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.