Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Progress of syncing iTunes library to Apple Music across devices

I have a very large iTunes music library, mostly of music imported from CDs, 361GB of 36,870 files. It'll take a while to get synced, I know, but all I'm seeing is a spinning circle and the message on hover of Activity | iCloud Music Library | Matching your music with songs in Apple Music. When I scroll thru my library list, I'm not seeing any change in the cloud icons on various songs. How can I tell if it's actually syncing, however slowly? Also, some songs seem to be done, but it'll be one random song on an album, or several songs on an album with no obvious connection to artist/track or anything else. And some complete albums have made it.

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 8:45 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 8, 2021 6:40 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks. Trying to be patient. My 55 days of music, per newly activated Status Bar, will take a while. But the Activity widget shows no change over the past 24 hours, still "Matching your music with songs in Apple Music" and a blank circle rather than the partially completed progress one I'd expect (even a tiny bit completed). Scrolling thru my loooong song list, none of the cloud icons seem to have changed.

Update iCloud Music Library is grayed out. Because there's no actual library yet to update?

What's a reasonable expectation for progress?

Progress of syncing iTunes library to Apple Music across devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.