Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horizontal orientation for photos and movies stopped working

Why have horizontal orientation for the display of my photos and movies stopped working? When I view movies or photos they used to fill the width of my phones display when I turned my iPhone horizontal. Now they don’t change.

Did some setting get jacked when my phone automatically updated?

Model: iPhone 10s Max

Version: iOS 14.4

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 9:34 PM

Are you stating that when you turn your iPhone then the Photos/videos are not turning accordingly? IF this is the case then-

PULL DOWN from the RIGHT CORNER of your screen and that will reveal the CONTROL CENTER. Tap on the icon that looks like a Lock within a Circular Arrow and unlock the Orientation Lock. That should return the rotation function back to your iPhone. Please see the image below-

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2021 9:34 PM in response to pcgs92629

Are you stating that when you turn your iPhone then the Photos/videos are not turning accordingly? IF this is the case then-

PULL DOWN from the RIGHT CORNER of your screen and that will reveal the CONTROL CENTER. Tap on the icon that looks like a Lock within a Circular Arrow and unlock the Orientation Lock. That should return the rotation function back to your iPhone. Please see the image below-

Axel F.

Horizontal orientation for photos and movies stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.