Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not able to download Mojave installation, not able to installe Catalina

Hello,

I have an iMac (27-inch, Late 2021) running under macOS HighSierra 10.13.6 32 GB, and the HD had 2 TB free.

I have tried to download macOS Mojave from the Apple store. There is no Download button for this, only the Open, and when I click on it, I receive the message that "This copy of the install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS.

I have then trie to install Catalina. I can download it but I keep getting "A disk with a mount point is required (-69854)", only choice is to restart which gets me to the same spot again over and over

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 8:41 AM

Thank you. I have done all you have said for the Mojave installation. It didn't work in the first time (I had an error message that the "operation couldn't be completed (com.apple.DiskManagement error -69854)"), but it did work in the 2nd time. Thanks a lot!

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 8, 2021 12:23 AM in response to P_Palagi

When you go to the App Store Mojave page and it says Open and you get the error message what it really means is the

App Store has detected a copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app in your Applications folder.

Locate it, move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable.

Restart your mac, go back to the App Store Mojave page it should now say Get or Download.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading and do not use any other devices that share the same internet connection.

For the other problem you will need to boot to your Recovery HD and run Disk Utility> First Aid on

your internal drive.

not able to download Mojave installation, not able to installe Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.