Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime won’t work

Everytime I FaceTime someone or they FaceTime me it hangs up even when I press the green button and says FaceTime fails I tried restarting my phone and turning FaceTime of and on in settings and it still won’t work what should I do?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 7:05 AM

Go to Settings and tap Cellular or tap Mobile Data, then turn on FaceTime. If you're using an iPad, you might see Settings > Cellular Data. Go to Settings > FaceTimeand make sure that FaceTime is on. If you see "Waiting for Activation," turn FaceTime off and then on again.

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2021 7:05 AM in response to dayshawn256

Go to Settings and tap Cellular or tap Mobile Data, then turn on FaceTime. If you're using an iPad, you might see Settings > Cellular Data. Go to Settings > FaceTimeand make sure that FaceTime is on. If you see "Waiting for Activation," turn FaceTime off and then on again.

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or ...

Facetime won’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.