Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internal mic not working on zoom

I am experiencing regular issues with my internal microphone not working on Zoom and Teams (though have only tried Teams once recently). I'm not muted on Zoom and sound settings seem correct. When I use my Zoom account on other devices it works fine. There is no issue with me hearing others or my video.

I've gone through all the sound settings on Mac and can't see any obvious issues. I read that switching dictation off and on can sometimes fix it. Tried this just before Zoom meetings and it fixed the problem the first three times but now stopped being effective too. Dictation works perfectly well, as does Siri, just not on Zoom and Teams.

Has anyone else experienced this and fixed this issue?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 12:06 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 10, 2021 12:19 PM in response to amycam89

Hi there

Thank you for posting in Apple Communities. It sounds like you are having using your Mac's internal mic while working in Zoom and Teams. We'll be glad to give you a few tips that could help.

To start, take a look here for steps on how to allow third party apps access to audio and video on your Mac: Control access to your microphone on Mac

If you are able to use the mic in your Apple apps but are still having trouble after following these steps, reach out to Zoom's app developers for additional support.

For steps on how to contact app developers, look here: How to contact an app developer

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Internal mic not working on zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.