Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone music problems

My iPhone music is just a complete mess. iPhone 12pro, 2020 Mac mini, both with all OS updates (also sync an iPad mini to the same Mac). I do not subscribe to Music and do not store my music in iCloud.

I have so many duplicates and bad album artwork and even a fair number of songs that are good songs but play when other titles are selected...it's driving me nuts. I also have some music that seems to have been purchases on an earlier Mac with a different apple password and want to just get rid of them.

I thought the best way might be to delete all music on my iPhone and just resync with the Mac...does that sound reasonable? If so, what is the best way to delete all on the iPhone?

Thanks for tips on this or some other way to fix my problems

tom

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 8:00 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Tom!

We understand you want to delete all music from your iPhone and then sync again with your Mac mini. We'd be happy to provide information on how to accomplish this.

You can delete all music at once from your iPhone by going to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Music and delete the app. It will remove all music data from your iPhone. Then, you can download the app again from the App Store. At this point you may sync music again: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 8:00 AM in response to SausalitoDog

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Tom!

We understand you want to delete all music from your iPhone and then sync again with your Mac mini. We'd be happy to provide information on how to accomplish this.

You can delete all music at once from your iPhone by going to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Music and delete the app. It will remove all music data from your iPhone. Then, you can download the app again from the App Store. At this point you may sync music again: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

Have a great day!

iPhone music problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.