Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie for Mac - exporting individual clips from a long movie

I have a long movie in iMovie (80 minutes) broken up into 70 clips. I want to export these clips individually so I can then add them to my YouTube account. Is there a way to export individual clips instead of the entire movie? What are possible solutions to this problem? Thanks! Mark

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 5:54 PM

No, you cannot export individual clips from an iMovie project.

However, the way to do it is to select the clip in the timeline, do an Edit/Copy, and then Edit/Paste it into the timeline of a newly created project. Then you can share it out from the new project. Your edits will carry over.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2021 5:54 PM in response to Menoons

No, you cannot export individual clips from an iMovie project.

However, the way to do it is to select the clip in the timeline, do an Edit/Copy, and then Edit/Paste it into the timeline of a newly created project. Then you can share it out from the new project. Your edits will carry over.

-- Rich

iMovie for Mac - exporting individual clips from a long movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.