Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth connectivity

I've been using a Logitech MX with my home iMac for some years. I also use a MX 2S with my work iMac without much issue. Now I cannot connect either to my home iMac. The mouse shows up in Bluetooth but fails to connect. Anyone solved this problem?

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 11:14 AM

Well try some simple resets first. Reset the NVRAM and restart in Safe Mode and check to see if either helps.

NVRAM Reset & Safe Mode Reset instructions

I'd also try the following steps too:

The following will require any USB keyboard and mouse. If you don’t have them, borrow or buy them, they are inexpensive!

• Connect the USB keyboard and mouse to the computer.      
  • Open System Preferences – Bluetooth       
  • Un-pair the wireless keyboard and mouse.   
  • Turn off Bluetooth    
  • Restart the computer in Safe Mode per the directions in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262
  • Restart the computer normally.
  • Turn on Bluetooth  
  • Re-Pair the wireless keyboard and mouse.
  • Unplug the USB keyboard and mouse and begin testing the wireless devices again.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2021 11:14 AM in response to flookoco

Well try some simple resets first. Reset the NVRAM and restart in Safe Mode and check to see if either helps.

NVRAM Reset & Safe Mode Reset instructions

I'd also try the following steps too:

The following will require any USB keyboard and mouse. If you don’t have them, borrow or buy them, they are inexpensive!

• Connect the USB keyboard and mouse to the computer.      
  • Un-pair the wireless keyboard and mouse.   
  • Turn off Bluetooth    
  • Restart the computer in Safe Mode per the directions in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262
  • Restart the computer normally.
  • Turn on Bluetooth  
  • Re-Pair the wireless keyboard and mouse.
  • Unplug the USB keyboard and mouse and begin testing the wireless devices again.

Bluetooth connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.