Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Automatic download

So I’m subscribed to Apple Music via Apple One and I’m logged in with my Apple ID on everything. Whenever I turn on automatic download in Apple Music settings it switches off automatically as soon as I return back to settings page.

Any help on that?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 12:30 AM

Thank you Stevi_S,

The restart option did not resolve the problem and my iPhone was associated with my Apple ID. However, digging into the associated thread I discovered that my old iPhone was also still associated with Apple music although I did erase all content and remove my Apple ID from there. As soon as I re-logged in my old iPhone and deleted it's association with Apple Music the automatic download button on my new iPhone was fixed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 12:30 AM in response to Stevi_S

Thank you Stevi_S,

The restart option did not resolve the problem and my iPhone was associated with my Apple ID. However, digging into the associated thread I discovered that my old iPhone was also still associated with Apple music although I did erase all content and remove my Apple ID from there. As soon as I re-logged in my old iPhone and deleted it's association with Apple Music the automatic download button on my new iPhone was fixed.

Mar 10, 2021 3:21 PM in response to Jimmza

Hi Jimmza,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you are experiencing an issue with Apple Music automatic downloads. We're happy to look into this with you.

To start, if you haven't already done so, restart your device .You can see how here: Restart your iPhone

We also want to make sure that your iPhone is associated with your Apple ID, as this is necessary for automatic downloads. You can see how to view associated devices here: View and remove your associated devices for purchases

Thanks.

Apple Music Automatic download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.