Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop mirroring MacBook Air screen?

I have an mp trio external screen that I've successfully attached to older Macbook pros. But I recently purchased a MacBook Air and am trying to connect my external screen. It's connected, however all it does it mirror my laptop screen. I've clicked on system preferences and unchecked the 'show mirroring options...' and have searched the help on both apple and the external screen's site. They keep point to an "arrangement" tab, but I don't see it on my systems preferences. Any tips on how I can get it to stop mirroring my screen? Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 5:15 PM

Hello sundina.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want to change your display options with your external monitor. We are happy to help.

Please try the steps in the section titled “Change display options” here: Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 5:15 PM in response to sundina

Hello sundina.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want to change your display options with your external monitor. We are happy to help.

Please try the steps in the section titled “Change display options” here: Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

How to stop mirroring MacBook Air screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.