Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch connection

I am trying to connect my Apple Watch to my phone and it keeps coming up that the watch is unable to software update as it is not connected to the internet

My phone is connected to the internet.

I have tried on wifi, 4G, tried turning my blutooth off, my iOS is up to date, I’ve reset both devices, I have deleted and re downloaded the app.

Any other ideas?

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 3:48 PM

I suggest the following.

• Be certain the iPhone is on Wi-Fi. (Hotspot is not acceptable.)
  • The iPhone must have its Bluetooth on.
  • Turn off the iPhone and turn it back on.
  • Turn off the Apple Watch and turn it back on.
  • Try the setup again.

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

9 replies

Mar 9, 2021 3:42 PM in response to sberman

I am using the app.

i can’t get as far as pairing the watch because it stops at the software part. I hold the watch to the phone and it accepts that then wants to update the watches software which shows the internet errors

when I click on ‘my watch’. It says ‘start pairing’ which always fails

(ps thank you for your prompt help)

Apple Watch connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.