Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a iPhone 5 for my child from a friend and it has a passcode Lock Screen and I don’t have a computer to bypass the locked screen.. what can I do to bypass it?

I purchased a iPhone 5 from a individual that didn’t remove the passcode on the Lock Screen and I don’t have access to a computer so how do I bypass the Lock Screen and set up a new passcode?

iPhone 5

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 6:13 PM

The only way to reset the passcode is with a computer. Or with the assistance of Apple or an Apple service provider, or a trusted person with a Mac or Windows system that can perform the reset on your behalf.

And if they didn’t clear the passcode, they probably also didn’t clear the Activation Lock, and if they didn’t clear Activation Lock you will want to return the device for a refund, or recycle it. Activation Lock is a theft deterrent k and Apple will not assist with bypassing it, absent legal paperwork or proof of purchase with serial number and matching photo ID.

The following two links have more info on clearing the passcode, on Activation Lock, and on purchasing devices which turn out to have been lost or stolen:

How to Unlock an iPad or iPhone? - Apple Community

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2021 6:13 PM in response to Help_please21

The only way to reset the passcode is with a computer. Or with the assistance of Apple or an Apple service provider, or a trusted person with a Mac or Windows system that can perform the reset on your behalf.

And if they didn’t clear the passcode, they probably also didn’t clear the Activation Lock, and if they didn’t clear Activation Lock you will want to return the device for a refund, or recycle it. Activation Lock is a theft deterrent k and Apple will not assist with bypassing it, absent legal paperwork or proof of purchase with serial number and matching photo ID.

The following two links have more info on clearing the passcode, on Activation Lock, and on purchasing devices which turn out to have been lost or stolen:

How to Unlock an iPad or iPhone? - Apple Community

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

I purchased a iPhone 5 for my child from a friend and it has a passcode Lock Screen and I don’t have a computer to bypass the locked screen.. what can I do to bypass it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.