How can I unlock my son iPhone 8 without a computer?

I bought an renew iPhone 8 for my son. When he turned on the phone, asking to set a passcode, he use his old passcode and now the passcode lock the screen, being unable to unlock it.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 1:22 PM

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Otherwise, you can take his phone to an Apple store and ask to use one of their computers to reset it. Or ask a friend or relative who has a computer if you can use theirs.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2023 1:22 PM in response to Caito554

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Otherwise, you can take his phone to an Apple store and ask to use one of their computers to reset it. Or ask a friend or relative who has a computer if you can use theirs.

Oct 26, 2023 1:36 PM in response to Caito554

If the phone was reset correctly by the store who sold you the phone, the iPhone 8 would have powered on to the "hello" screen. You would not be asked to enter a passcode at this time.

If the phone did not display "hello", the phone was not reset correctly by the store.

Return the phone and make sure that the replacement powers on to the screen that you see above.

How can I unlock my son iPhone 8 without a computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.