Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"XXX can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software." How can I still open app with this message?? No instruction for Mac Big Sur

"XXX can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software." How can I still open app with this message?? No instruction for Mac Big Sur

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 10:38 PM

5 replies

Mar 28, 2021 10:32 AM in response to Limnos

I have this problem too since the last security update.

I am using a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2012) running Catalina. I follow the instructions in the link above (Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support) but the problem remains. I have this problem with all applications that I installed from identified developers after the last security update. I enter in a loop: (1) run the app, (2) I have the message "XXX can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software", (3) I go the preferences panel -> Security & Privacy -> General and click "open anyway" and I have again the message in (2).

I already tried all the solutions I found online. I am very furious with this. Can anyone help me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.