Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music only repeat playlist one more time

Why Apple Music only repeat my playlist one more time rather than infinity repeat playing?

this is occurred on my iMac 27" and my iPhone X since from iTunes upgraded to Music !!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 6:24 AM

lawcg,

We appreciate you following up with us. 

Just to confirm, it sounds like you are able to repeat songs/playlists as expected when you open the Music app only, is that correct? Play songs from your library in Music on Mac

If the behavior only occurs when using Music MiniPlayer, this page has some good information about using Music MiniPlayer: Use Music MiniPlayer on Mac

Thanks!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 6:24 AM in response to lawcg

lawcg,

We appreciate you following up with us. 

Just to confirm, it sounds like you are able to repeat songs/playlists as expected when you open the Music app only, is that correct? Play songs from your library in Music on Mac

If the behavior only occurs when using Music MiniPlayer, this page has some good information about using Music MiniPlayer: Use Music MiniPlayer on Mac

Thanks!

Mar 11, 2021 9:02 AM in response to lawcg

Hello lawcg,

We understand that Apple Music is only repeating a playlist once, and we'd like to look into this with you.

Does this happen with all content, or only a specific playlist?

Are you using these steps to repeat the the playlist? Shuffle or repeat songs in Music on Mac

"Repeat all songs in the current view (for example, a playlist): Click the Repeat button. Repeat is on when the button changes color."

For more information on using repeat in Apple Music on your iPhone, please check out this page: Repeat and shuffle music

Thanks!

Mar 12, 2021 7:23 AM in response to lawcg

lawcg,

Thanks so much for letting us know more. 

Just to confirm, does the behavior only occur when shuffling the playlist, prior to selecting to repeat it? Is the issue only happening with the playlist in the screenshot, or does it happen with all playlists?  

To help narrow this down further, would you mind also confirming the exact software versions your iPhone and Mac are running at this time? The below links outline how to view the version numbers.

Find out which macOS your Mac is using

Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Thank you!

Mar 11, 2021 10:42 PM in response to Brittany1416

Hello Brittany1416.,

refer to the following ScreenCap from my Music,

this playlist has 12 songs only and will last for 49 minutes playing.

i Shuffle and click the "repeat-all" button, it changed red colour as well, however, the playlist is still play around 2 times (around 1.5 hours) and will stop at after finish the last song of the playlist !! strange? !!

I have a family-sharing plan within Music,

my new 27" iMac i9 running BigSur and all my songs were download into HDD as well.

the playlist stop playing after 2 or 3 times then stop also happened on my iPhoneX !!!

is there something wrong of my account of Apple ID??

see wether could be help for this problem .......

Thanks.

Mar 14, 2021 11:46 PM in response to Brittany1416

Dear Brittany1416,

Thanks for your kindly suggestions,

however, i found the problem maybe due to "Mini Player" !!!

I was used to open "Mini Player" rather than "Music" main window,

however, under BigSur, Music's "Mini Player" seemed only play back those accumulated songs that appear within the "Playing Next" window; i've spotted sometime there's no update songs list under the "Playing Next" window...... on the other hand, there's no "Repeat" options within the "Mini Player" that i could only click repeat options within the main window.

However, even i've clicked the "Repeat-all" option within the main window, seemed could not "Repeated" playlist at all when "Mini Player" open concurrently !!

I'm wonder that the bug located within in this issue !!

I've no "repeat-all" stop playing problem while only open the main window of Music,

however, the Big Big main window of "Music" occupied much workspace of my monitor instead ...... U_U !!

Apple Music only repeat playlist one more time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.