Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sign into my icloud from a new device without the your trusted device or phone number and complete sign in. the

How do you sign into my account without necessarily having the code from trusted device or phone number because I don't have any other mac device so am stuck at this point .

iMac Pro

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 9:58 AM

You get that message because you have Two Factor Authentication on your account. It is supposed to prevent somebody from signing into an account on a different device unless they can get the code.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication. Click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT204974 - "Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device." Instructions at the end about what to do if you don't have any other trusted devices.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 9:58 AM in response to Vagwaro

You get that message because you have Two Factor Authentication on your account. It is supposed to prevent somebody from signing into an account on a different device unless they can get the code.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication. Click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT204974 - "Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device." Instructions at the end about what to do if you don't have any other trusted devices.

Mar 10, 2021 10:22 AM in response to Vagwaro

You had an Apple ID say example1@gmail.com or created with iCloud domain that was previously used in somewhere it could be Mac / iPhone / iPad ( that are not in possession ) .

Now you purchased a new iPhone and trying to sign in with same Apple ID and password and it creates a verification code and the code goes to that Mac , but can't obtained as Mac / iPhone / iPad are not with you .

Click on back as shown in your screen shot .

To avoid using this Apple ID create a new mail account say with gmail services https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en

You have to visit a friends place or apple authorised service centre to use the browser or can create a gmail account from your new iPhone also .

Use this mail address and sign in with iPhone as an Apple ID and create an account with secondary authentication in which three answers for security questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password , credit card details ( optional but very much helpful ) .

See the articles Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

And have to turn on iCloud features Turn iCloud features on or off - Apple Support

In this way you can skip 2FA and get a code , use a new Apple ID set it with secondary authentication .

How do I sign into my icloud from a new device without the your trusted device or phone number and complete sign in. the

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.