Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail push

Is the gmail push still not supported in Apple Mail? I do not get realtime emails from gmail on my Apple Mail app. The only time that it syncs realtime is when I am plugged into the charger.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 5:53 AM

No, it doesn't. That is not push mail. You can set the timing for fetching email in settings. It will only do so continuously when connected to external power. Otherwise, your battery wouldn't last very long.

You can get more immediate notifications by using the gmail app instead of the native mail app.

4 replies

Mar 10, 2021 5:48 AM in response to KiltedTim

Thank you for the quick response. However, how does it work when my phone is connected to the charger? Is there no setting that can do that for when my phone is not connected to the charger? Other than choosing "Automatically" (which will only fetch emails in realtime when the phone is connected to the charger), the only other options are 15 minutes, 30 minutes and so on.

Gmail push

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.