Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail push to Apple Mail

Why can’t I just use push for Google Accounts on Apple mail? Whats stopping you to implement it? I have to keep both Mail and Gmail apps and I could really just use the default app if I can get my mails instantly rather than waiting for 15 mins.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 1:43 PM

It’s a main issue since… ever, I’d say.

I don’t remember if it’s Apple who doesn’t want push Gmail’s emails or it’s Gmail to block push emails on Mail.

It would be easy to make it work, but they (Apple and/or Google) don’t cooperate and are not interested in making Apple’s and Gmail’s users happy.

If Gmail were a good app, there would be no problem: point is that Gmail app (like Gmail website) is not perfect and UI is not brilliant.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 1:43 PM in response to Vickarul

It’s a main issue since… ever, I’d say.

I don’t remember if it’s Apple who doesn’t want push Gmail’s emails or it’s Gmail to block push emails on Mail.

It would be easy to make it work, but they (Apple and/or Google) don’t cooperate and are not interested in making Apple’s and Gmail’s users happy.

If Gmail were a good app, there would be no problem: point is that Gmail app (like Gmail website) is not perfect and UI is not brilliant.

Gmail push to Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.