You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spreadsheet options - help please

Please can anyone suggest how I might get a spreadsheet facility on my iPad.

I am taking over as Treasurer of a small club who currently maintain simple financial records on Excel.

I have an iPad (5) (6th generation) model no. MR7K2B/A which currently has no spreadsheet facility. I have had a look online and it appears that a free Excel App depends on which iPad I have so I am not sure if mine qualifies.

if excel is the best option for maintaining and updating the existing files it would be good if I could use it without incurring an expense for the Club. If there has to be a charge then a small cost would be ok or could I use another free spreadsheet option. I would like to use simple formatting to include the likes of auto-sum for example.

thank you to anyone who can help.

kind regards

Diane

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 6:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 5:10 PM

Microsoft Excel, along with other Microsoft Office Apps, is available from the Apple App Store.

For devices with screen sizes over 10.1”, such as your iPad, full functionality requires an Office 365 Subscription - which can either be purchased directly from Microsoft, or as an in-App purchase directly from your iPad. The latter will charge your AppleID account. You should note that a O365 Subscription will provide full access to a number of other Office Apps, such as Word, Outlook etc.

Microsoft Excel

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/microsoft-excel/id586683407

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 10, 2021 5:10 PM in response to DH273

Microsoft Excel, along with other Microsoft Office Apps, is available from the Apple App Store.

For devices with screen sizes over 10.1”, such as your iPad, full functionality requires an Office 365 Subscription - which can either be purchased directly from Microsoft, or as an in-App purchase directly from your iPad. The latter will charge your AppleID account. You should note that a O365 Subscription will provide full access to a number of other Office Apps, such as Word, Outlook etc.

Microsoft Excel

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/microsoft-excel/id586683407

Mar 10, 2021 6:45 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Thank you very much QTK, Is this because actual Excel isn’t available to me?

Can you tell me if I will be able to import an existing Excel Spreadsheet and simply save it as a Numbers spreadsheet or if I will have create a new Numbers spreadsheet and then manually populate it with the information from the Excel one?

Also do you have any experience on Numbers I.e. is it as simple to use as Excel?

thank you for your continued assistance.

kind regards

Diane

Spreadsheet options - help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.