Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I consolidate all my Numbers spreadsheets into one?

I have loads of Numbers spreadsheets going back more than 10 years. I need them for my stock of antiques and collectables but they seem to breed and, then, some of them have disappeared. I need to clean up the morass but don't know how. I've given up Numbers and now use FreeAgent an online accounting system but the snag with that is I can't edit the Stock items after a passage of two years so need to keep the Numbers spreadsheets to record sales from stock.

I wonder whether the people who creat these programmes have any experience of how the public use them and what they need.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 3:14 PM

There is no "merge documents" feature but you can do it manually. Below are some examples of how to do it but it is not an exhaustive list of all the ways to select, copy, and paste items from one place to another.

If your other documents are just a single table each, you can use Copy/Paste to copy each table from the old document to the new one.

1. Select the table (Click on it then click the circle that shows up at the top left corner)
  2. Copy
  3. In the new document click on a blank spot on the canvas
  4. Paste

Or, if each of your Numbers documents consist of a single sheet with multiple tables and/or charts (but all are on one sheet),

1. Open the document you want as your new one
  2. Open one of your old documents
  3. In your old document, right click on the tab for the sheet and choose Copy Sheet
  4. In your new document, right click on a sheet tab and choose Paste Sheet
  5. Repeat 2-4 for other old old documents.

Or, if your old documents have multiple sheets you can do one of two things:

• If the sheets are independent (no formulas or charts referencing cells/ranges on a different sheet), you can use the same Copy/Paste or Copy Sheet/Paste Sheet method as detailed above for each sheet.
  • If there are references to other sheets, move everything to one sheet then do the Copy Sheet/Paste Sheet method detailed above. You move table and charts from one sheet to another using Cut then Paste.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2023 3:14 PM in response to Ewan Lamont

There is no "merge documents" feature but you can do it manually. Below are some examples of how to do it but it is not an exhaustive list of all the ways to select, copy, and paste items from one place to another.

If your other documents are just a single table each, you can use Copy/Paste to copy each table from the old document to the new one.

1. Select the table (Click on it then click the circle that shows up at the top left corner)
  2. Copy
  3. In the new document click on a blank spot on the canvas
  4. Paste

Or, if each of your Numbers documents consist of a single sheet with multiple tables and/or charts (but all are on one sheet),

1. Open the document you want as your new one
  2. Open one of your old documents
  3. In your old document, right click on the tab for the sheet and choose Copy Sheet
  4. In your new document, right click on a sheet tab and choose Paste Sheet
  5. Repeat 2-4 for other old old documents.

Or, if your old documents have multiple sheets you can do one of two things:

• If the sheets are independent (no formulas or charts referencing cells/ranges on a different sheet), you can use the same Copy/Paste or Copy Sheet/Paste Sheet method as detailed above for each sheet.
  • If there are references to other sheets, move everything to one sheet then do the Copy Sheet/Paste Sheet method detailed above. You move table and charts from one sheet to another using Cut then Paste.

Can I consolidate all my Numbers spreadsheets into one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.