Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Notes how can I retrieve my notes that I deleted by accident?

I deleted my notes folder in my email account not knowing it would delete the notes on my IPhone X how can I get them all back. I have some very important notes on there. Please help

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 7:51 AM

I don't know if Notes are kept in in the Recently Deleted folder. You can check:

Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support - https://support.apple.com/HT203052

"If you need to access a file that you deleted within the last 30 days, you can get it back from the Recently Deleted folder in the Files app, or on iCloud.com. After 30 days, your files are removed from Recently Deleted." --> iCloud Drive FAQ > How do I get back files that I deleted?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 7:51 AM in response to Drpflyers

I don't know if Notes are kept in in the Recently Deleted folder. You can check:

Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support - https://support.apple.com/HT203052

"If you need to access a file that you deleted within the last 30 days, you can get it back from the Recently Deleted folder in the Files app, or on iCloud.com. After 30 days, your files are removed from Recently Deleted." --> iCloud Drive FAQ > How do I get back files that I deleted?

Mar 10, 2021 8:11 AM in response to Drpflyers

If Limnos' post does not resolve the issue, you could try this:

1. See if your notes are still there on your email provider by using a web browser
  2. If they are still there, delete your account on your iOS device and recreate it. This should recreate the Notes older.
  3. If they are not, ask your email provider if they have a way to restore them. If they can, see step #2 to get them back on your device.
  4. Lastly, you could perhaps recover them from a backup but note that if you do so, you will loose anything that was created after the backup.

Lost Notes how can I retrieve my notes that I deleted by accident?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.