Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't update from macOS 11.2.2 to 11.2.3.

Process is: download update, install for 15 mins, restart. And start again, and again this process. MacOS 11.2.2 doesn't update to 11.2.3.

MacBookPro 15, 2017

Free space: 182GB

Language: hu_HU

At: 03-10-2021

Trying 3 times.

Machine is on charger, 100%.

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 9:00 AM

2 replies

Mar 10, 2021 7:39 PM in response to patoi

Did you click the "Restart" button within the Software Update section of System Preferences after the update was downloaded? Just restarting the Mac using the Apple menu won't run the installer.

If you have done this, then you may have some third party software installed which is interfering with the process such an anti-virus software, cleaning apps, or third party security software. Try booting into Safe Mode and installing the update again.

I just ran into this issue myself trying to update an older version of Big Sur (v11.1), but I forgot to try Safe Mode. I ended up using the full blown macOS Big Sur v11.2 USB installer I had recently created to update past the broken update. After that I was able to use the normal Software Update process to update from v11.2 to the most recent version. Apple has really been dropping the ball on their software as there are now so many odd & weird issues all the time. Really sad when they control everything and have limited hardware to work with.

I can't update from macOS 11.2.2 to 11.2.3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.