Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS software not updating

Hi everyone,

My MacOS software is not updating. I am currently on MacOS 11.1 and trying to update to 11.2.3. When I start downloading the update, it works fine at the start but then it gets to 461.1 MB and gets stuck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 9:43 AM

How long was it "stuck"? Downloads can take an hour, more or less and then installations can take 45 minutes, more or less, with several automatic restarts. Are you trying to download via Wi-Fi? If so, that is likely to be the problem. Wi-Fi is way too slow for these very large files. Use a wired Ethernet connection, and that is likely to resolve the problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 9:43 AM in response to Mike_752

How long was it "stuck"? Downloads can take an hour, more or less and then installations can take 45 minutes, more or less, with several automatic restarts. Are you trying to download via Wi-Fi? If so, that is likely to be the problem. Wi-Fi is way too slow for these very large files. Use a wired Ethernet connection, and that is likely to resolve the problem.

MacOS software not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.