Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple pencil fell down and now the tip is broken

My apple pencil 2 generation fell down and tip shrunk, when i tried to write with the tip, i could write vertically exactly but no sideways, do i need to change tips or the problem is with the metal inside?

Note: The sensivity still works when i write exactly vertically.

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 10:58 AM

The image shows that the Pencil seems to have been dropped vertically onto its tip - which now appears to be flat instead of hemispherical. Similarly, the gap between the replaceable tip and the body of the Pencil is wider than expected.

Having been dropped onto the tip, the Pencil is very likely to have suffered damage. You should replace the damaged tip with a new item. If you are lucky, the Pencil may have survived.

A first-generation Pencil, it will have been supplied with a spare tip in the box. A second generation Pencil is not supplied with a spare tip.

If you have already used your spare, or it has been lost or not supplied, replacements are available (pack of four) from Apple:

• Apple Pencil Tips - 4 pack

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MLUN2ZM/A

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 10:58 AM in response to HugoRocha

The image shows that the Pencil seems to have been dropped vertically onto its tip - which now appears to be flat instead of hemispherical. Similarly, the gap between the replaceable tip and the body of the Pencil is wider than expected.

Having been dropped onto the tip, the Pencil is very likely to have suffered damage. You should replace the damaged tip with a new item. If you are lucky, the Pencil may have survived.

A first-generation Pencil, it will have been supplied with a spare tip in the box. A second generation Pencil is not supplied with a spare tip.

If you have already used your spare, or it has been lost or not supplied, replacements are available (pack of four) from Apple:

• Apple Pencil Tips - 4 pack

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MLUN2ZM/A

Mar 10, 2021 10:24 AM in response to HugoRocha

If the fragile metal transducer beneath the plastic tip is distorted or damaged, the Pencil will require replacement. Repair of an Apple Pencil is not possible.

If your Pencil is within its one year warranty, it may be worthwhile asking for help at an Apple Store - but be aware that accidental damage is not covered by the limited warranty. However, if your iPad has AppleCare+ cover, then accidental damage of the Pencil may be covered.

My apple pencil fell down and now the tip is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.