Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken Apple Pencil

My second gen Apple Pencil fell and hit the floor pretty hard, it fell vertically so the nib hit the floor directly so the pencil only responds properly when I write vertically but when I tilt the pencil, it doesn’t respond unless I add a little more pressure. Do I need to change the tip or the pencil is just broken

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 5:47 AM

As described, having fallen directly onto the tip of your Apple Pencil, the transducer element (that sits immediately under the replaceable tip) may have suffered damage from the impact.

Try replacing the tip, ensuring that the replacement is screwed snugly into position; you should see a tiny gap, of about the thickness of a sheet of paper, between the tip and pencil body.

If replacing the pencil tip does not resolve this issue, or the tip is not correctly positioned in relation to the pencil body when fitted, then your Pencil is likely to have suffered irreparable damage.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 5:47 AM in response to RobinsonX

As described, having fallen directly onto the tip of your Apple Pencil, the transducer element (that sits immediately under the replaceable tip) may have suffered damage from the impact.

Try replacing the tip, ensuring that the replacement is screwed snugly into position; you should see a tiny gap, of about the thickness of a sheet of paper, between the tip and pencil body.

If replacing the pencil tip does not resolve this issue, or the tip is not correctly positioned in relation to the pencil body when fitted, then your Pencil is likely to have suffered irreparable damage.

Broken Apple Pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.