Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil 2 tip metal inside bent

I was writing with my apple pencil 2 normally and it started not working. I removed the plastic nib and the gold-coloured metal inside is slanted. Is it broken now? I still have my one year warranty for this pencil. What should I do? Can it be fixed or replaced with the warranty?

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 4:09 PM

If the fragile metal transducer beneath the plastic tip is distorted or damaged, the Pencil will require replacement. Repair of an Apple Pencil is not possible.

If your Pencil is within its one year warranty, it may be worthwhile asking for help at an Apple Store - but be aware that accidental damage is not covered by the limited warranty. However, if your iPad has AppleCare+ cover, then accidental damage of the Pencil may be covered.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2021 4:09 PM in response to Ann_Wxng

If the fragile metal transducer beneath the plastic tip is distorted or damaged, the Pencil will require replacement. Repair of an Apple Pencil is not possible.

If your Pencil is within its one year warranty, it may be worthwhile asking for help at an Apple Store - but be aware that accidental damage is not covered by the limited warranty. However, if your iPad has AppleCare+ cover, then accidental damage of the Pencil may be covered.

Apple pencil 2 tip metal inside bent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.