Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with PURCHASED music

In the past I outright PURCHASED music through ITUNES. I have not used iTunes in a while. I came back to get my music so I could archive it on a private hard drive and everything it mpeg4 - protected.

From what I've been able to tell in reviewing posts here, there is no way to get my music so I can download it without DRM for my own personal use. Thus iTunes/Apple is making me pay twice for my music - that sounds wrong - and if that is what's required I will take my list of music and go elsewhere.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 2:27 PM

Prior to 2010 Apple sold music in 128K AAC DRM protected format. You can play this on an authorized computer, and an authorized computer can copy it to an unlimited number of Apple devices. You can also burn to audio CD then rip back in and format your choose.

There is also the Apple Music service which delivers content in 256K AAC DRM protected format. This cannot be copied to devices or burned to CD and will cease to play when your subscription expires.

How long ago is this past you're talking about? Are you an Apple Music subscriber?

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 2:27 PM in response to radshift1986

Prior to 2010 Apple sold music in 128K AAC DRM protected format. You can play this on an authorized computer, and an authorized computer can copy it to an unlimited number of Apple devices. You can also burn to audio CD then rip back in and format your choose.

There is also the Apple Music service which delivers content in 256K AAC DRM protected format. This cannot be copied to devices or burned to CD and will cease to play when your subscription expires.

How long ago is this past you're talking about? Are you an Apple Music subscriber?

tt2

Issues with PURCHASED music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.