Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to Big Sur, Excel is upside down! (on Microsoft 365 Personal)

When I retrieve Excel files, they appear upside down and a bit scrambled. After scrolling a bit, some of the sheet reverts to right-side-up but I can't trust it. 2015 MacBook Pro with Big Sur Version 11.2.2, and Microsoft Excel for Mac Version 15.31

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 12:40 PM

8 replies

Mar 10, 2021 12:54 PM in response to KellyPI

KellyPI wrote:

Thank you! So, in Excel Help, I checked for updates and one was installed, but the Excel version remains at 15.31, not 16.46

OK. Question: Do you actually have a Microsoft 365 subscription as you originally stated, or do you own a standalone copy of Office?

The behavior you describe is a known bug in Office 2016 for Mac. Support by Microsoft for Office 2016 has ended.

Mar 10, 2021 1:03 PM in response to KellyPI

Remove the installed version of office.

You can either download the individual office apps from the Mac App Store, or you can log into your account at office.com and Download and install the current version of office. The subscription includes ongoing updates as long as you subscribe.

Personally, I find it more convenient to use the apps downloaded from the Mac App Store. It's the same exact program, but updating is through the App Store instead of directly from Microsoft.

It sounds like even though you have a standalone version installed that is not tied to your subscription for some reason.

After upgrading to Big Sur, Excel is upside down! (on Microsoft 365 Personal)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.