Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID change to a deleted account email

Hi,

I have my Apple ID on my work email and want to change it to my private email, which also has been an apple id previously but I removed the account. When I now try to change the apple ID I get "This email address is not available...", and I have no other account connected to this email, what can be the issue?

BR,

Johan

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 2:16 PM

From other posters here it seems clear when you delete an AppleID you can never again use that email address to create a new AppleID. So you will need to get another email address to use for a new personal AppleID.

While Apple deletes almost all information when deleting an AppleID they are required to keep your purchase history, so the AppleID, aka that email, is still associated with archived data in Apple’s system.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

When you delete your Apple ID, Apple makes our best effort to delete all personal data associated with your account. However, we are required to retain past transaction information for financial reporting purposes, and we may be required to retain certain information to comply with a court settlement or other ongoing legal procedure.”

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 2:16 PM in response to JohanSs

From other posters here it seems clear when you delete an AppleID you can never again use that email address to create a new AppleID. So you will need to get another email address to use for a new personal AppleID.

While Apple deletes almost all information when deleting an AppleID they are required to keep your purchase history, so the AppleID, aka that email, is still associated with archived data in Apple’s system.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

When you delete your Apple ID, Apple makes our best effort to delete all personal data associated with your account. However, we are required to retain past transaction information for financial reporting purposes, and we may be required to retain certain information to comply with a court settlement or other ongoing legal procedure.”

Apple ID change to a deleted account email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.