Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My i phone 12 pro max model number is AA/A what does it mean

My i phone 12 pro max model number ends with AA/A what does it mean please because i bought it today

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 4:18 PM

All Apple iOS devices have a model number which looks something like this: MC605LL/A. The MC605 is an iPhone 4, black, 32GB. You can find these numbers on the Models page. The two letters behind it, LL in this case, specify the region code. The following list gives an overview of all these region codes.

The region codes are probably used to separate the same device by region (different charger, packaging language, etc.).

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 4:18 PM in response to Ryan_Ng

All Apple iOS devices have a model number which looks something like this: MC605LL/A. The MC605 is an iPhone 4, black, 32GB. You can find these numbers on the Models page. The two letters behind it, LL in this case, specify the region code. The following list gives an overview of all these region codes.

The region codes are probably used to separate the same device by region (different charger, packaging language, etc.).

Mar 10, 2021 4:14 PM in response to nisoo78

Hi,I heard that you want to know about model numbers right?no worries, I’m here to help you.

first,your model number somehow is just the order of making the phone,the AA/A is a order of the grade and the make time

first 2 A is the grade,that’s mean it is a brand new iPhone and it is a great model, the A after / is just the time

A=just made B=made 2 - 5 day before C= around made 15 day before

hopefully this post helped you

Ryan Ng

My i phone 12 pro max model number is AA/A what does it mean

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.