Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy a new iPhone , would my hidden photos and videos be transferred automatically to the new phone?

would my hidden photos/videos be transferred to a new iPhone ? Or would I loose them?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 5:53 PM

If you sync them to iCloud currently they will sync from iCloud to the new phone.

If you don’t sync them to iCloud but back them up to either your computer or iCloud (which is not the same as syncing to iCloud) when you restore that backup to the new phone they will be transferred.

See→Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 5:53 PM in response to narendra299

If you sync them to iCloud currently they will sync from iCloud to the new phone.

If you don’t sync them to iCloud but back them up to either your computer or iCloud (which is not the same as syncing to iCloud) when you restore that backup to the new phone they will be transferred.

See→Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If I buy a new iPhone , would my hidden photos and videos be transferred automatically to the new phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.