Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delayed incoming iMessage messages

I have an iPhone XS and for the past year there have been occasions, maybe about 2-3 times a month, that I don't receive messages from people until hours later, or even days later, OR they won't come in until I restart my phone, even then sometimes they still won't appear until later.

My messages to others say delivered but it's just weird that they'll reply and I won't even know because the messages themselves won't pop up in our conversation, or I'll get no notifications/app badges whatsoever until way later.

I'm tired of having to restart my phone because I'm worried I might've missed someone's message. Help!

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 6:44 PM

First thing I would try are the steps in the 'Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime' section of:

If you encounter an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime – Apple Support

1 reply

Delayed incoming iMessage messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.