Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play counts and last played dates

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4.1, iTunes for Windows 12.11.0.26

The option for "Use Music history" has disappeared from my phone and now the play count, last played dates, etc are not updating. This is upsetting as i have 2 Smart playlists that require this information. Was this option removed, can i get it back some how, or is there some other way to update this info?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 10:46 AM

Hello again lordtygr,

Thanks for the update. We notice you have the option to show Apple Music turned off. If you don't subscribe to Apple Music, you won't have the option to "Use Listening History".

You can leave feedback for Apple on this feature here: Product Feedback - Apple

Take Care.

5 replies

Mar 12, 2021 12:13 PM in response to lordtygr

Hello lordtygr,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand the "Use Music History" option has disappeared in your Apple Music app on the iPhone. We're happy to assist you with this.

Let's make sure you have this option turned on in your settings. Check out the section of this article that states "Tell Music to ignore your listening habits": See recommended music on iPhone

You can also check out this article on creating playlists: How to make a playlist in the Apple Music app

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!

Mar 15, 2021 11:09 AM in response to barberlives123

Well that’s ridiculous. It did not used to be a requirement to subscribe to apple music for listening history. Chalk it up to one more reason to make me want to switch to an android phone when i’m ready for my next upgrade. :/

and its not a cost thing as i had Apple Music free from Verizon and i still did away with it as it just generally caused more issues than it was worth.

Play counts and last played dates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.