Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1 HomePod in stereo pair keeps disconnecting from wifi

Hi. I have a pair of home pods set up as a stereo pair. One of them keeps dropping off the wifi.

Things I have tried.

Reset both HomePods multiple times, updated their software.

Reset my router multiple times, updated its software.

They are located 6 feet from each other and both have a line of site to the router. All other devices are fine.

Annoyingly, the pair show up on Airplay, and you can play to them but no sound comes out, I assume because the left one isn't on the wifi.

HomePod

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 1:54 AM

If you have a dual band router and you've set up your device to see both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz channels then forget the credentials for the 5GHz channel and/or temporarily turn it off. Move both router and HomePod just a little bit in case you're at some magic sweet spot of destructive interference from any reflections.

You could also try swapping the pair around to see if the issue follows the device or the location.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 1:54 AM in response to paul196

If you have a dual band router and you've set up your device to see both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz channels then forget the credentials for the 5GHz channel and/or temporarily turn it off. Move both router and HomePod just a little bit in case you're at some magic sweet spot of destructive interference from any reflections.

You could also try swapping the pair around to see if the issue follows the device or the location.

tt2

1 HomePod in stereo pair keeps disconnecting from wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.