Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart Rate spikes on iwatch 6

heart rate spiking up unexpectedly on iwatch 6

i purchased and iwatch 6 only three months ago. Just for fun, today I was exploring features and I found the heart rate notifications. I was alarmed when noticed pulse rate spikes from 75-80 up to 130-160 during the day as well as at night when the same watch was telling me I was in deep sleep. I called my doc, run many tests and they all came back normal. I called Apple support and they suggested to send the watch to the “depot” for hardware testing. Two days later the watch came back with the message “can’t reproduce the issue” or similar. Back to Apple tec support again. This time they asked me to pair the phone from the back up (no improvement) and then once again set it up as a new watch (no improvement). This afternoon I was taking a gentle walk and suddenly got readings of pulse spiking from 87 to 177!!! I’m calling Apple again tomorrow. I wander what they’ll suggest this time. Any suggestions anyone? Dan

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 4:37 PM

I have the same exact problem with the Series 6 I just bought (Apr 2021).

I found a large forum thread of customers with sam issue here, and a Reddit thread of someone worrying they had health issues because of the same tech problem.

17 replies

Apr 26, 2021 10:30 PM in response to Dan-Albany-CA

I don't think 100% the watch is faulty, a had a medical device monitoring my pulse for 2days with sensors on my torso, place by my doctor and i also had spikes during the night(4-5am) from 48-50 to 147-160 bpm, 2days in a row, the doctor said this is not uncommon. During all other test my heart and pulse were normal when they mesure it on the spot.

Apr 27, 2021 3:05 AM in response to Valentinn82

I get that and it makes sense. In this situation, I have been wearing my Fitbit and Apple Watch to compare. My Fitbit reads every second and when Apple was recording a heart spike of 198, my Fitbit was 80 and my manual count of my pulse was 82.

Also, when doing a Fitness+ work out it’s literally all over the place. One second it’s 60, the next 115, back down to 80. Just not consistent readings. I had the Apple Watch 4 and didn’t have these issues, only with the 6.

Jun 27, 2021 8:06 AM in response to Dan-Albany-CA

So I’ve had the exact same problem since February of this year. I did the same thing went to my GP , ran tests and everything came back normal. I contacted Apple support and they said that there is nothing no wrong with the watch. I noticed when I wasn’t even wearing the watch it was picking up high heart rates which was making my readings inaccurate. I’ve be trying to get support on this since the start of the year but have had no luck. I am relieved that other people have had the same experiences. For an expensive watch this shouldn’t be happening, as much as I love my Apple Watch I think the Fitbit is better and more accurate for sleep and heart rate/ exercise.

Heart Rate spikes on iwatch 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.