Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folder names in the iCloud Drive: Is there a way to edit the name of a folder once it has been created? I'm not able to figure out how to do this.

Is there a way to edit the name of a folder once it has been created? I'm not able to figure out how to do this.

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 5:20 AM

You can rename the folders on iCloud Drive like any folder in the Finder on your Mac.

But you can only rename the folders you create yourself on iCloud Drive, not the folder created for you by iCloud.

• Select iCloud Drive in the Finder Sidebar, then navigate to the folder you want to rename, click into the name field of the folder and enter a new name.

For example: When trying to rename the folder "MyMusic":

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 5:20 AM in response to stevecimelli

You can rename the folders on iCloud Drive like any folder in the Finder on your Mac.

But you can only rename the folders you create yourself on iCloud Drive, not the folder created for you by iCloud.

• Select iCloud Drive in the Finder Sidebar, then navigate to the folder you want to rename, click into the name field of the folder and enter a new name.

For example: When trying to rename the folder "MyMusic":

Folder names in the iCloud Drive: Is there a way to edit the name of a folder once it has been created? I'm not able to figure out how to do this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.