Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Emails when not on wifi

My wife and I both have iPhone12 minis on the same network and plan. Both are setup the same with mobile data and roaming enabled, and both have Gmail and @me email accounts. When away from a wifi connection I can receive and send emails but my wife cannot. Can anybody offer a solution to this anomaly?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 6:19 AM

For email, this is called Push / Fetch Settings. You may know that there are two settings (Fetch and Push Mails). What have you set? Watch the GIF below

Google, AOL, Yahoo - Only Fetch mail Option is available

iCloud, Exchange, Outlook - Both Fetch and Push Mail option is available

1. Push Mail: Whenever possible the email client will push emails to all your devices.
  2. Fetch Mail: You need to set How you want it to be fetched, Automatically, Manually, Hourly, Every 30 mins, every 15 mins
    1. Automatically: will fetch when the iPhone is powered and on WiFi
    2. Manually: with fetch when you open email, open Inbox and swipe down
    3. You get an email notification as soon as the client-server receives an email and your device is connected to the internet, irrespective of whether the mail is in your device's Inbox or not

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 6:19 AM in response to MGJH

For email, this is called Push / Fetch Settings. You may know that there are two settings (Fetch and Push Mails). What have you set? Watch the GIF below

Google, AOL, Yahoo - Only Fetch mail Option is available

iCloud, Exchange, Outlook - Both Fetch and Push Mail option is available

1. Push Mail: Whenever possible the email client will push emails to all your devices.
  2. Fetch Mail: You need to set How you want it to be fetched, Automatically, Manually, Hourly, Every 30 mins, every 15 mins
    1. Automatically: will fetch when the iPhone is powered and on WiFi
    2. Manually: with fetch when you open email, open Inbox and swipe down
    3. You get an email notification as soon as the client-server receives an email and your device is connected to the internet, irrespective of whether the mail is in your device's Inbox or not

Mar 11, 2021 6:20 AM in response to MGJH

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

No Emails when not on wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.