Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicated contacts

When I updated my computer version to Big Sur, my contacts in icloud, computer and in my phone were duplicated.

Could the update be the reason for it?

How can I fix this?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 10:38 AM

Are you using iCloud for All Apple Services including Contacts? It might be possible that during the upGrade to Big Sur that service was OFF and then turned back ON. In which case, Local Copies of All contacts would happen. Check in Contacts app and look for On Mac ( Local ) and iCloud.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 10:38 AM in response to sofiamajj

Are you using iCloud for All Apple Services including Contacts? It might be possible that during the upGrade to Big Sur that service was OFF and then turned back ON. In which case, Local Copies of All contacts would happen. Check in Contacts app and look for On Mac ( Local ) and iCloud.

Mar 11, 2021 10:54 AM in response to sofiamajj

Personally, I would make a Time Machine Backup right away. Then get a reliable external drive and Export ALL Contacts to external drive - incase something goes sideways at lease there are copies available. In the Contacts App - this is memory talking now as am right now on a Windows - maybe in Edit of some other menu look for Find Duplicates - should present and delete the duplicates.

Duplicated contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.