Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

duplicate contacts on iCloud but not ON MY Mac

duplicate contacts on iCloud but not on my mac. All iOS devices have been removed from iCloud and their contacts have been deleted. On my mac has 260 contacts but when i link the mac to iCloud i have 1000 due to duplicates. Suggestions???

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 8:53 PM

Open address book then its preferences click on drop down arrows of default account if ( on My Mac is selected ) it will appear as like this .

The 264 contacts are on my Mac section that are not synced with iCloud , however 1000 duplicates contacts ( they will be under iCloud section > in All iCloud ) are shown in Mac address book as well as in iCloud.com if these duplicate contacts are selected from Mac address book use command and A keys and click on command and delete key they will be deleted condition they must be in series and not randomly placed , as important contacts will also be deleted .

If they are randomly placed select important contacts that are not to be deleted in on my Mac section , just select use command and A keys , copy use command and C keys and paste use command and V keys .

The duplicate contacts can also be in various groups in iCloud.com Create a group of contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support created and they will be shown in All contacts of Mac address book ( see the first option ) .

You need to find out duplicate contacts from address book from various groups , All contacts , All iCloud and another way is create a group name as say duplicate contacts 1 find out all duplicates and club in this folder and finally delete this folder it will be removed from address book / iCloud.com

The article posted if you see duplicate contacts after setting up iCloud is for duplicate contacts in All iCloud .

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 8:53 PM in response to tr6cess

Open address book then its preferences click on drop down arrows of default account if ( on My Mac is selected ) it will appear as like this .

The 264 contacts are on my Mac section that are not synced with iCloud , however 1000 duplicates contacts ( they will be under iCloud section > in All iCloud ) are shown in Mac address book as well as in iCloud.com if these duplicate contacts are selected from Mac address book use command and A keys and click on command and delete key they will be deleted condition they must be in series and not randomly placed , as important contacts will also be deleted .

If they are randomly placed select important contacts that are not to be deleted in on my Mac section , just select use command and A keys , copy use command and C keys and paste use command and V keys .

The duplicate contacts can also be in various groups in iCloud.com Create a group of contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support created and they will be shown in All contacts of Mac address book ( see the first option ) .

You need to find out duplicate contacts from address book from various groups , All contacts , All iCloud and another way is create a group name as say duplicate contacts 1 find out all duplicates and club in this folder and finally delete this folder it will be removed from address book / iCloud.com

The article posted if you see duplicate contacts after setting up iCloud is for duplicate contacts in All iCloud .

duplicate contacts on iCloud but not ON MY Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.